1 Ernest Street
Bendigo VIC 3550
Sold for $715,000
Dishwasher,Air Conditioning,Heating Gas,
InformationStatement of Information Section 32
Open for Inspections
BEAUTIFUL RENOVATION OFFERS STYLE & CHARM
- Located in a quiet street, walking distance to bus stops and Goldmines Hotel and just two minutes’ drive to the CBD
- Fully renovated throughout including full rendered façade and re-engineered timber staircase
- Exceptional entertaining spaces including a fantastic decked alfresco area and a large rumpus room with built-in bar
- Large allotment
In the shadow of what was once the Central Nell Gwyne and Victoria Hill mines, with a fabulous outlook of poppet heads from both the front and back garden, is this beautifully renovated home. A short stroll from the picturesque Goldmines Hotel, the property is just minutes from the centre of Bendigo and both hospitals, yet located in a quiet, elevated street offering the best of both worlds when it comes to position. Built in 1970 and benefitting from a fantastic modern renovation, this stylish home is certainly very special. A large private hedge and lush lawn create a welcoming entry and the stunning presentation continues indoors.
Off the main entry are two good-sized bedrooms, both with built-in robes. The new timber staircase leads up to the remaining two bedrooms and an office nook, ensuring the floorplan provides flexible living that would suit a variety of buyers. Downstairs, a family bathroom and an additional toilet service both residents and guests, and a large laundry provides great storage and access to the rear yard. An open plan kitchen, living and dining space also open out to the rear, and recycled brick steps lead down to a huge additional living space – full of character with exposed timber ceiling and beams, exposed brick wall and built-in bar area. Entertain year round and inside or out with a fantastic alfresco deck offering white timber-lined ceiling, ceiling fans, power, built-in seating and built-in barbeque. This space overlooks a lawn area and the deck wraps around the rear of the home to an established Jacarandah tree. Additional work space and storage space is located at the rear of the block and at both sides of the house.
- Ducted evaporative cooling and ducted gas floor heating
- Solid fuel heating in rumpus room
- Ceiling fans in bedrooms
- Classic white timber kitchen with quality appliances including dishwasher, wall oven with separate grill and five-burner gas cooktop
- Excellent off-street parking
- Beautifully landscaped garden with water feature and pop-up sprinkler system to front and rear lawn
- Cubby house and sandpit
- Storage area and workspace at rear boundary
- Access to rear yard via side of home
- Adjacent to historic poppet head and stunning outlook across to Maiden Gully and West Bendigo.