Originally built in 1870, "Booth Street Cottage" has been thoughtfully renovated and restored while still maintaining the charm and appeal of the original home. Found in a wide street in Golden Square just minutes from the Bendigo CBD, the home presents the ideal opportunity for those seeking to invest, purchase their first home or downsizers seeking low maintenance inner city living. With excellent potential for long and short-term rental return, a solid home in this location is sure to impress.
- Centrally located in Golden Square, within walking distance to local supermarkets and shops or just a short drive to Bendigo CBD
- Low maintenance garden
- Short and long term rental return opportunity
- An abundance of character and charm throughout
The character and charm of the home is notable upon arrival, with striking restored red bricks, traditional veranda and established garden and planting. A single carport to the right of the property provides off street parking and direct access into the rear garden.
Two bedrooms are found at the front of the home, both with plantation shutters for privacy, wardrobes and split systems for comfort. A classic central hallway with high ceilings leads you through to the first of the two living spaces complete with natural wood burning fireplace. A generous third bedroom is found off the living area with a large window and storage.
At the rear of the home is the updated kitchen with modern finishes, stainless steel appliances and built-in storage. An open plan dining and living area follow, with large windows overlooking the garden that flood the space with natural light. Modern finishes continue into the full bathroom with a beautiful feature claw foot bath for soaking in. A unique and notably historic feature is found off the living area, a staircase leads down to a large basement, with plenty of built-in storage, a beautiful addition to this original home.
A private and secure garden at the back is wrapped in garden beds and established planting, making it the ideal place for outdoor entertaining and to sit and enjoy a quiet drink in the sunshine.
- Split system heating and cooling throughout
- Full laundry with built-in storage
- Dual access from both sides of the property
- Heritage features throughout including picture rails, open fireplace and high ceilings
- Storage throughout including large cellar
- Fire Place